Monday, May 10, 2010

OUTDOOR MUNCHERIES



There are so few places to go around here for dinner that include a NICE outside seating area and good food. It is that time of year, when I love to eat outside, enjoy a few beers, and just shoot the shit with good friends. I love sitting on my deck but my deck is a fine mess because I left it that way at the end of last summer. The plants are dead in their planters, there is a glass filled with beer caps that got left out from last summers starry romantic nights flipping them and I am missing seat cushions on a few of my chairs. So my fine deck with my fine cooking is OUT (oh yea, and I gave up my grill in the divorce, so no grill) I know a bunch of you are now disappointed that you wont get any of my excellent cooking!

SO where do you go? I have no clue. CW Harborsides deck isn't open yet,I like the outdoor ambiance but their food isn't very good. I don't care for the Trolley Square restaurants and I don't want to drive to Philly (although I do love Philly). I did hear that a new restaurant called Firestone Roasting House is opening on the waterfront May 13th. I checked out the website and it looks promising. Joe and I have been waiting patiently for Harvest Restaurant in Glen Eagle Shopping Center, right over the Delaware Pennsylvania line to open. I went online to see what I could find out about it and was mildly disappointed. Dave Magrogan, who owns the Kildare/Doc Magrogans restaurant chains, is opening it. I have been to Kildares in Newark and didn't really care for it. I am hoping, based on the looks of this new restaurant, it will be a totally different experience.....

We are headed to the beach again this weekend, fortunately there are plenty of outdoor places to eat and drink there. Hopefully, when we get home, some of the new places will be open and if not maybe you will invite me over to mess up your deck, flip your beer caps and eat your food.

Luv,
AllieMac'Gina!

No comments:

Post a Comment